President, Chief Executive Officer, & Trustee
Mr. Gorrie is President and Chief Executive Officer of the Trust, responsible for strategy, acquisitions and the day-to-day business of the Trust. Since Mr. Gorrie’s arrival in October 2012, the Trust has raised over $860 million in equity financing and completed over $1.5 billion in acquisitions. Prior to joining the Trust, Mr. Gorrie led the Industrial business for Oxford Properties Group, the real estate investment arm of a major Canadian pension fund, where he built a platform comprising 13 million square feet of income-producing properties and development projects across multiple Canadian industrial markets, encompassing acquisition, asset management, leasing, operations and development. Mr. Gorrie has over 15 years of real estate experience and has been involved in transactions totaling over $2.5 billion in Canada, the U.S. and Germany. A graduate of the Civil Engineering program at the University of Toronto, Mr. Gorrie is a licensed Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario. Mr. Gorrie is a member of the Institute of Corporate Directors.
Chief Financial Officer
- Senior financial executive in the real estate industry since 2005, with over 25 years of experience in finance & accounting;
- Prior to joining PIRET, was the CFO of NorthWest Healthcare Properties REIT from October 2013 to September 2016;
- Former CFO & Vice President, Financial Reporting of the Real Property Association of Canada (REALpac) where she led policy recommendations on the real estate industry’s transition to IFRS;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA, CA), with a B.A. from Laurentian University.
Vice President, Finance & Corporate Controller
- Over 13 years of real estate experience in accounting and finance;
- Former Director, Finance at Build Toronto;
- Past Controller of Retrocom REIT (now OneREITTM);
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA,CMA), with a B.Comm. from the University of Toronto.
Allan T. Saito
Vice President, Property Management & Leasing
- 20 years of real estate experience in leasing, property management and development;
- Former VP, Leasing at both Build Toronto and GE Capital Real Estate;
- Past Director, Leasing at Dundee Realty.
Vice President, Investments
- Over 10 years of real estate experience including appraisal, asset management and investment;
- Previously a Portfolio Manager for Manulife Real Estate’s Private Funds;
- Over $1.0 billion of transaction volume completed to date.