Thursday, September 8, 2016
Vancouver, BC – September 8, 2016: The Board of Trustees of Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust (the “Trust”) (TSX: AAR.UN) today announced the appointment of Paul G. Haggis to the Board of Trustees, effective immediately.
Among many other high-profile governance positions, Mr. Haggis is Chair of Alberta Enterprise, a venture capital initiative of the Alberta government. He is also a Director and Chair of the Audit Committee of Advantage Oil & Gas Ltd. of Calgary, and an advisor to and former Chair of the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia’s investment committee.
“Paul’s credentials in Canada’s capital markets are unparalleled and his appointment to our board is significant,” said Richard Turner, Board Chair of the Trust. “Paul built a distinguished 40-year career in banking, insurance and real estate. In addition, his leadership and extensive experience serving on the boards of some of Canada’s largest and most respected organizations will be a tremendous asset for the Trust as it continues to grow.”
Mr. Haggis’ additional governance experience includes:
- Board member, University of British Columbia’s Investment Management Trust
- Former Chair, CABancorp
- Former Chair, Athabasca Oil Corporation’s governance committee.
- Former Chair, Canadian Pacific Railway
- Former Audit Chair, Prime Restaurants Inc.
- Former Chair, Royal Ontario Museum’s finance committee (not-for-profit organization)
- Foundation board member, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (not-for-profit organization)
Mr. Haggis’ career credentials include:
- CEO, ATB Financial
- President and CEO, Ontario Municipal Employees Retirement System (OMERS)
- Interim CEO, Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSPIB)
- CEO, MetLife’s non insurance operations and COO of Canadian operations
Mr. Haggis is a graduate of the University of Western Ontario and holds a Chartered Director designation from McMaster University.
About Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust
PIRET is an unincorporated, open-ended investment trust that owns and operates a diversified portfolio of income-producing industrial properties in leading markets. PIRET is an internally-managed REIT that focuses exclusively on investing in industrial properties.
For more information:
Director of Investor Relations
Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust
Suite 910, 925 West Georgia Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3L2
Phone: (604) 398-2836 or (888) 681-5959
Toronto Stock Exchange – AAR.UN
THE TORONTO STOCK EXCHANGE HAS NOT REVIEWED AND DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ADEQUACY OR THE ACCURACY OF THIS RELEASE.